Re: [Getfem-users] Computing the integral over a boundary of a given Get

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Computing the integral over a boundary of a given Getfem variable
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 20:53:03 +0100

Dear David,

Assuming that you have a vectorial multiplier for contact called "mult", you can get the components of the total contact force with

FX = gf.asm_generic(mim, 0, "mult(1)", CONTACT_RG, md)
FY = gf.asm_generic(mim, 0, "mult(2)", CONTACT_RG, md)

where CONTACT_RG is the region of the mesh in which the multiplier field is defined.

To check the computed multiplier field, please try also to export the entire field to a paraview file, and show us a screenshot, if you are in doubt.

Best regards
Kostas