Re: [Getfem-users] Computation of reaction forces associated to a dirich

From: David Danan
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Computation of reaction forces associated to a dirichlet condition
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 18:50:04 +0200

Dear Yves,
thank you for your fast and clear reply.

I gave it a try to check whether i could first retrieve the nodal forces from the force density (i did exactly as you suggested, except i multiplied the mass matrix by the value given by the multipliers) and i got exactly the same nodal forces as i had with the residual method. Therefore, if i want to improve my result i guess i should avoid using the nodal forces as an input for the model.

Instead of using an add explicit rhs, is there a way to enforce the force density directly? In other words, is it possible to initialize the multiplier for the dirichlet condition with a given value (the one found in the first computation for instance) and make it a data instead of a variable of the problem?
I had tried a disable_variable on mult_on_u followed by a set_variable but i am not sure this is the proper way to do that, what do you think?

Thanks in advance, once again,
David.