Re: Example of wheel in contact run error

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: Example of wheel in contact run error
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 17:42:55 +0100

Dear Elvin,

Do you mean the demo_wheel_contact.py example?

I have just checked that it works for me with this result:
image.png

Maybe the problem is that you haven't compiled the mumps linear solver which is more reliable than superlu.

Best regards
Kostas

I'm new to getfem++, so first I try to run the example use the python interface, but I got aborted during running. Below is the output message.

initializing ...
numthread = 1
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 4386: Mass term assembly for Dirichlet condition
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 6038: Linearized isotropic elasticity: generic matrix assembly
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 6038: Linearized isotropic elasticity: generic matrix assembly
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 4386: Mass term assembly for Dirichlet condition
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 3299: Generic source term assembly
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 3306:  (source term): generic source term assembly
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 3463: Generic linear assembly brick: generic matrix assembly
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 3463: Generic linear assembly brick: generic matrix assembly
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2641: Global generic assembly RHS
 iter   0 residual            1
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2643: Global generic assembly tangent term
Level 1 Warning in getfem_superlu.cc, line 217: SuperLU solve failed: info =7401
Singular tangent matrix: perturbation of the state vector.
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2641: Global generic assembly RHS
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2643: Global generic assembly tangent term
Level 1 Warning in getfem_superlu.cc, line 217: SuperLU solve failed: info =7401
Singular tangent matrix: perturbation of the state vector.
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2641: Global generic assembly RHS
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2643: Global generic assembly tangent term
Level 1 Warning in getfem_superlu.cc, line 217: SuperLU solve failed: info =7401
Singular tangent matrix: perturbation of the state vector.
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2641: Global generic assembly RHS
Trace 2 in getfem_models.cc, line 2643: Global generic assembly tangent term
Level 1 Warning in getfem_superlu.cc, line 217: SuperLU solve failed: info =7401
Singular tangent matrix: perturbation failed, aborting.

Thanks,
Elvin