Re: Imposing Dirichlet B.C. using Nitsche's method in fictitious domains

From: Heungson Lee
Subject: Re: Imposing Dirichlet B.C. using Nitsche's method in fictitious domains for elastoplasticity.
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 16:23:45 +0900

Dear Yves Renard and getfem users.

I am trying to add boundaries to MeshImData. However, in case of a fictitious domain method with boundaries specified by a levelset, I was not able to find a way to select boundary regions and include it in MeshIm as we do for conforming meshes. The problem is that MeshImData doesn't work with MeshIm produced with expressions other than 'all(a)'.

I tried these

1. Because I wanted to add boundary to MeshIm object, I first tried
mim = gf.MeshIm('levelset',mesh_ls,'inside(a)+boundary(a)', gf.Integ('IM_TRIANGLE(6)'))

but the function does not accept expressions like 'inside(a)+boundary(a)'.
2. In case I use the following script
mim = gf.MeshIm('levelset',mesh_ls,'inside(a)', gf.Integ('IM_TRIANGLE(6)'))
mim.set_integ(4)

This also failed at the line
mim_data = gf.MeshImData(mim, -1, [2, 2])
And even if I use 'all(a)' there seems to be no way to provide the boundary regions to Neumann term and to add_Dirichlet_condition_with_Nitsche_method function.

3. I also tried to separately generate MeshIm,mim = gf.MeshIm('levelset',mesh_ls,'inside(a)', gf.Integ('IM_TRIANGLE(6)'))
mim_bound = gf.MeshIm('levelset',mesh_ls,'boundary(a)', gf.Integ('IM_TRIANGLE(6)'))
but this also failed at mim_bound_data = gf.MeshImData(mim_bound, -1, [2, 2])

4. using cut_mesh() of MeshLevelSet
These meshes are composed of rectangular elements and triangle elements ( rectangular elements cut by a level set). And I was not able to define MeshIm that works with this composition.

Am I missing something here?

Respectfully yours.