Re: [Getfem-users] Curvilinear structures in Getfem

From: Domenico Verde
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Curvilinear structures in Getfem
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 16:29:26 +0200

Thank you very much for the clarification and for the quick replay.
I found the weak form I was looking for, but I have to do some tests.
"0.5*E*I*sqr( Normalized(element_K).((Hess_u.Normalized(element_K)).Normalized(element_K)) )"

I'm a newbie with GetFEM ++. I found the library very powerful, but I can't find a simple manual to use it!
Can someone send me a simple document?
At the moment I'm interested in mechanical engineering problems with beams, frames, that is, I'm trying to reproduce some simple mechanical example to study the library.

For example, how can I set a penalization to a specific dof?
Thanks a lot.
Best regards
Domenico