[Getfem-users] vectorial problem with interpolated fem

From: Andreykiv, A.
Subject: [Getfem-users] vectorial problem with interpolated fem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:10:42 +0100

Dear Yves,

A question on interpolated fem if I may. I need to use interpolated fem with a vectorial problem, something that getfem currently does not allow.
Some time ago I was already asking you about this and you suggested to reformulate my problem into a scalar one, so I won't need the vector feature.

I have a code now, which I'm, say, "enhancing" with interpolated fem and reformulation of this code in scalar terms would be a considerable time investment.
Therefore, would you be kind to briefly explain how difficult it is to develop a vectorial interpolated fem and what steps need to be undertaken.
Despite my experience with getfem, I still have problems understanding the internal structures, as the ones you have in getfem_interpolated_fem.h/cc.

Is this, by any chance, anything you would be planning to include in the next versions of getfem?

Best regards,
                Andriy

Andriy Andreykiv,
Postdoctoral researcher

Leiden University Medical Center   |   Delft University of Technology
Biomechanics and Imaging Gr.       |   Fundamentals and Microsystems Gr.
Department of Orthopaedics         |   Faculty of 3mE
Room J09-127                       |   Room 8B-3-22
PO Box 9600                        |   Mekelweg 2
2300 RC Leiden                     |   2628 CD Delft
The Netherlands                    |   The Netherlands
tel. +31-(0)71-5261566             |   tel. +31-(0)15-2786818
fax  +31-(0)71-5266743             |   fax  +31-(0)15-2789475
e-mail: address@hidden        |   e-mail: address@hidden

http://math.univ-lyon1.fr/~renard