geiser-users

Re: Similar interface to Edwin C-x-e evaluation?

From: Nicholas Papadonis
Subject: Re: Similar interface to Edwin C-x-e evaluation?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 14:04:08 -0400

Thanks.  When typing C-x-e over a statement, the result appears under the Emacs mode line.  I recall using a mode with Edwin, where the result is placed in line the buffer being edited.  Is anyone aware of how to place Emacs in such a mode with Scheme?

Thanks

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 5:21 PM Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 10 2020, Nicholas Papadonis wrote:

> I'm using Geiser to interface with MIT Scheme.
>
> I used Edwin and it had a nice interface where the buffer was simply
> text and each _expression_ could be evaluated using C-x-e.  This
> interface appears a bit easier to manage (formatting wise) then
> interface directly with the REPL line by line.
>
> Is there a way to place Geiser in this mode?

that's done by putting the scheme buffer in geiser-mode.  you can
manually type M-x geiser-mode, or ask emacs to do that automatically for
you and associate always the buffer to mit scheme for instance with

    (setq geiser-active-implementations '(mit))

please see the manual:
http://geiser.nongnu.org/geiser_4.html#Between-the-parens

or just (info "geiser")

cheers,
jao
--
To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite
enough time.  - Leonard Bernstein