geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Will my pull request be accepted if I port some quack

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Will my pull request be accepted if I port some quack.el functionality to quack?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 17:17:15 +0000

On Fri, Nov 30 2018, Vladimir Nikishkin wrote:

> I have made a first attempt to add docstrings to functions and sent it
> as a merge request. Maybe some of my comments can be picked.
> Unfortunately, only commenting the public interface turned out to be
> harder than I expected, (although it should have been more evident),
> because the public interface is dependent on the internals, so I had
> to first understand those.

excellent, i'll review the merge request as soon as possible (hopefully
this weekend).

> I have one more meaningful question. In the geiser-base.el, there is a
> function geiser--del-dups, which is currently working in O(n^2), since
> is toes a dolist (O(n))  times member (O(n)).
> Is there an easy way to, maybe, do it in O(nlogn)? Like a hashset, or
> something like this.

there are ways, yes, but maybe it's not it: using a hash is going to be
faster only when n is bigger than some threshold (otherwise, constant
factors associated to create the hash just override the lookup time
gains).  we only call that function in ./geiser-completion.el57, so i
would first test when that becomes a bottleneck...

jao