geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Help associating source and REPL - "No prompt found!"

From: Jon Miller
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Help associating source and REPL - "No prompt found!"
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:47:01 -0800

I really want to get this working, so I went ahead and launched edebug and
here is my mediocre notes that I took during the session:
; Using edebug-defun on geiser-debug--send-region
;  gets stuck on (ret (geiser-eval--send/wait code))
;    looks like it is (geiser-eval--connection) that yields the missing REPL
connection message
;      that comes down to geiser-repl--connection which relies upon
geiser-repl--connection*
;        Looks like the assigned buffer name doesn't work.
(geiser-repl--set-up-repl geiser-impl--implementation) yield nil
;          Would have set impl to 'racket' had (geiser-repl--repl/impl impl)
returned non-nil
;            Within geiser-repl--repl/impl, geiser-repl--repls is nil and repls
isn't passed, so the dolist loops through nothing.

I'm not sure if the variable geiser-repl--repls being set to nil is the key
in this analysis or not, but it would appear so to me. I looked at it's
initial definition but haven't yet see where it could be updated.

Perhaps I'll step through run-geiser after some lunch.

--
Jon Miller