geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Running racket tests in geiser

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Running racket tests in geiser
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:07:45 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 02 2013, Garjola wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to use Geiser (that I already use for guile) with
> racket. More precisely, I am following an oline course at Coursera
> where DrRacket is used, but I find DrRacket much less efficient than
> emacs+geiser.
>
> I have (after a while ...) succeded in configuring my racket source
> code file so that it is able to use racket's beginner language with
> this at the top of the file:

> #reader(lib "htdp-beginner-reader.ss" "lang")
> ((modname my-example)
>  (read-case-sensitive #t)
>  (teachpacks ())
>  (htdp-settings #(#t constructor repeating-decimal #f #t none #f ())))

The usual way of using a language would be to use:

  #lang htpd/bsl

instead of the above.

> The problem I am facing now is that I don't know how to run tests
> within the file which use check-expect:
>
> (check-expect (most-recent-movie M1 M2) M2)
>
> In DrRacket, when I "run" the file, the tests get executed and I can
> see the results of the tests.
>
> Is there a way to do that with geiser?

You can either evaluate individual tests with, e.g. C-M-x, or reload the
file after it's modified with C-cC-k...

HTH,
jao
--
The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits,
but not when it misses.