geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:04:42 -0300

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:

> The other bit that's related is what to do when loading the top module
> with C-c C-k... to me it is very unintuitive that some submodules don't
> get loaded, specially on an interactive hacking session.  I'm sure we
> want a way of telling geiser "please, load all this module's submodules"
> in a single keystroke...
>
> I was thinking of the following solution: C-c C-k (or C-c C-a for that
> matter) at the top level means "load all submodules too, including the
> top level", while C-c C-k while the cursor is on a submodule means "load
> only this submodule (and its dependencies, as usual)".
>
> Would you find that too confusing?

I think that might be problematic.

For example: I use (module+ test ...) all the time.  That means that I
will have a submodule called `test' inside my file.  The utility `raco'
understands this semantics, so I can run from a shell `raco test
foo.rkt' and run some tests.

The nice thing about the way things are now is that I can enter a file
freely, any time, because this test module will not be loaded.

This is only talking about a test submodule.  As the Racket
documentation says that requiring a file module doesn't automatically
require the submodules inside it, I don't know what people might have
done to their files assuming this is the expected behavior.