geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 16:06:59 +0200

On Fri, Jun 07 2013, Diogo F. S. Ramos wrote:

> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Is it possible to enter submodules when using Racket?
>>
>> Not yet :)
>>
>> I haven't even tried, so i'm not sure what effort is involved in
>> providing the feature... actually, i'm not even sure it's possible in
>> plain racket...
>
> It is possible.  :^)

OK, i've just pushed a patch that lets you ,enter submodules:

      racket@> ,enter (submod "submod.rkt" bar)
      address@hidden/bar> quux
      2
      address@hidden/bar> ,enter "submod.rkt"
      address@hidden> quux
      4
      address@hidden>

That's not yet good enough regarding submodules, because what should
happen now is that evaluations in a Racket buffer are also aware of the
submodule where they're performed (right now, they use the top level
module).

Working on it...

jao
--
A LISP programmer knows the value of everything, but the cost of
nothing.