geiser-users

[Geiser-users] Automatic startup/shutdown of REPL processes

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: [Geiser-users] Automatic startup/shutdown of REPL processes
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 23:18:09 +0100

When I use geiser-mode, I find two things that should surely be automatic or automatable, but aren't:

1. No REPL process is run. Instead, I get a hint in the minibuffer to execute M-x run-geiser. Is there a way to do this automatically?

2. When I quit Emacs, I get prompted because the REPL processes are running. I can't see an easy way to set them not to prompt, unless it's to advise some geiser function; would it be reasonable to have that at least as a configurable default (i.e. make it possible to allow geiser REPL processes to be killed without a prompt)? If so, and anyone can advise me how this might best be accomplished, I'd happily work on a patch.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org