geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] progn: Symbol's function definition is void: comint-f

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] progn: Symbol's function definition is void: comint-filename-completion
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:36:17 +0100

Hi Haiwei,

On Tue, Jan 22 2013, Haiwei Zhou wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I used old emacs version 23.2. When I try to complete a filename in
> the REPL, it complains: Symbol's function definition is void:
> comint-filename-completion. Another function named
> comint-dynamic-complete-filename is found. But when I replace the
> function comint-filename-completion with
> comint-dynamic-complete-filename, the completion-at-point complains
> "Wrong type argument: listp, t". It seems
> comint-dynamic-complete-filename doesn't return the right thing for
> completion-at-point.

Hmm. Someone told me on IRC that comint-dynamic-complete-filename was
working for him... actually, i've just tried using it in a REPL and in a
Scheme buffer in Emacs 24, and it seems to work for me: what i did is
rewriting geiser-completion--for-filename in geiser-completion.el as:

  (defun geiser-completion--for-filename ()
    (when (geiser-syntax--in-string-p)
    (comint-dynamic-complete-filename)))

Is that what is giving you an error?  Possibly the implementation of
that same function in Emacs 23 is different, though... What happens if
you call it directly? (with or something like that M-:).

> Which version of emacs supports comint-filename-completion?

It was introduced in Emacs 24.1.

HTH,
jao
--
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other
reason but because they are not already common.