geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Using multiple REPLs from elisp

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Using multiple REPLs from elisp
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:46:36 +0100

On Thu, Dec 13 2012, Michael Gauland wrote:

> On 13/12/12 17:01, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
>> It that case you need to remember the REPL buffer (perhaps as a
>> buffer local variable in the original org file, or maybe using your
>> original hash table idea), and then just set the buffer-local
>> variable geise-repl--repl to the REPL buffer in the the temporary
>> buffer you want to evaluate just before invoking the geiser-mode
>> command Cheers, jao
>
> I've set geiser-repl--repl to the REPL buffer I want to use, but I've
> found I also need to set geiser-impl--implementation to nil before
> calling geiser-eval-region. Does that sound right?

More or less... ideally, you shouldn't need to set it, or, if you did,
it would be to select either a Racket or Guile REPL, setting it, to
'racket or 'guile, respectively.  I take it that giving it any of those
values doesn't work?

> In any case, it passes my current set of tests.

Well, even if the above is a bug of mine, if it's not hurting all is
good :)

Cheers,
jao
--
Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.
 -H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)