geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Easier way to ELPA-ize Geiser

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Easier way to ELPA-ize Geiser
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:33:24 +0200

On Fri, Sep 28 2012, Daniel Hackney wrote:

> I wanted to update to version 0.2.1 and figured I'd solve the issue of
> integrating with package.el once and for all. I made a script to change
> Geiser into an ELPA package in a fully-automated way. The script is
> here: https://gist.github.com/3798214 and must be run from within the
> untarred directory of "geiser-0.2.1.tar.gz"

Excellent!  Grant Rettke has also created a package recently
(http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/article/6408/geiser-0-2-1-elpa-package),
and i was thinking about integrating the packaging process into Geiser's
build system one of these days.

If you don't mind my stealing it, your script, transmuted into a make
rule and with some simplifications when i can move things to Geiser's
side (like autoload cookies), will make possible to just do 'make elpa'
in a source checkout to build the ELPA package.  I can then set up an
ELPA repo in Geiser's download area, and also upload it to Marmalade (if
we can solve the problems Grant and I encountered with the latter these
days) on every new release.

I hope to have this in place for 0.2.2.

Thanks,
jao

P.S: BTW, Grant and i added a 'dir' file to make Geiser's info file
visible in Emacs out of the box: does it work for you that way without
that file?  (i.e., does Geiser's manual appear in the info top level