geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Disabling autodoc for single module

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Disabling autodoc for single module
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 05:08:11 +0200

On Sat, May 26 2012, Mark Skilbeck wrote:

> This would disable autodoc for mailutils, but also for the other
> modules I am using (and want documentation for).

If what you mean is disable autodoc for all functions exported by
mailutils and used in other modules, the answer is no.  Emacs doesn't
know anything about what module a symbol belongs to: it sends a command
to Guile to get the autodoc info.  It's when running that command (which
uses Guile's reflection abilities to find the symbol's module and
associated documentation) that Guile is segfaulting (unfortunately, the
trace does not give much information).  Inserting a module blacklist at
that point would be not trivial and, moreoever, if the segfault is
happening while discovering that the given symbols belongs to mailutils,
it wouldn't work.

A way to try to get more info on the root cause (which could be a bug in
Guile) of the segafult would be to enter (geiser autodoc) and call the
functions defined there (e.g. autodoc*) with (list of) symbols from
mailutils... In a regular Geiser session one can see the commands Emacs
is sending to Guile with C-u M-x geiser-show-logs, and those same
commands will work when executed in the REPL.

HTH,
jao
--
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.
That's the problem, they need to read them. -- Don Knuth