geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Default browser used in geiser?

From: Eduardo Bellani
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Default browser used in geiser?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:20:19 -0300

On 05/12/2011 02:20 PM, Jose Ortega wrote:

> On May 11, 2011, at 10:51 AM, Eduardo Bellani wrote:
>
>> Hei Jose
>>
>> Just changed the racket default browser in the racket-prefs file through
>> the drracket interface to conkeror (I don't think the kind of browser
>> has anything to do with this though).
>>
>> The effect is that in drracket it works by pressing F1 while the cursor
>> is in a symbol, and in the geiser racket repl it works if you use the
>> help function, as in (help "some string"), but it does not show anything
>> if you use  geiser-doc-look-up-manual.
>>
>> Any guesses?
>
> Hmm.  That shouldn't be happening, unless the symbol you're asking help for
> isn't in the manual, i guess.  One way to try to track what's going on is to
>
>   C-u M-x geiser-show-logs
>
> which will open a window with geiser traces, then try
> geiser-doc-look-up-manual
> in a rkt file, and see what geiser is sending to racket.
>
> jao

Thanks for the reply jao, and sorry for taking some time to get back
with some feedback.

I have done what you suggested, basically this is the output to the
*geiser messages* buffer when I do the geiser-doc-look-up while on a
'define' symbol:

INFO: REQUEST: <42>: ,geiser-eval geiser/autodoc racket (get-help (quote
define) (quote "MY-PROJECT-PATH/racket-test.rkt"))

INFO: RETORT: ((result "#<void>") (output . "Sending to web browser...
  file: /usr/share/racket/doc/reference/define.html
  anchor: (form._((lib._racket/private/base..rkt)._define))
"))

INFO: <42>: processed

Any ideas?

--