geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] change language enter a recursive REPL

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] change language enter a recursive REPL
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:39:03 +0100

On Thu, Feb 17 2011, Fu-Gangqiang wrote:

> GNU Emacs 23.1.1
> guile 2.0.0
> geiser version 0.1.1
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> ,L elisp
> Happy hacking with Emacs Lisp!  To switch back, type `,L scheme'.
> elisp@(guile-user)> ,L scheme
> Happy hacking with Scheme!  To switch back, type `,L scheme'.
> ; here should be ,L elisp
> scheme@(guile-user) [2]>
> ; here enter recursive REPL

Geiser only supports Scheme, and keeps trying to communicate with Guile
using Scheme, even when Guile is in elisp mode.  That causes the
recursive debugging REPL.  While supporting languages other than Scheme
is not in my plans, Geiser could at least stop talking with Guile while
the latter is not in Scheme mode: i'll push a patch during the following
days implementing that behaviour (therefore avoiding the recursive
REPL).

(I'm not sure what's causing the bogus ",L scheme" message, because
Geiser doesn't modify Guile's output).

Cheers,
jao
--
The vast majority of human beings dislike and even dread all notions with
which they are not familiar. Hence it comes about that at their first