geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to enter d

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to enter debugger
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:59:57 +0100

On Thu, Feb 10 2011, Mark Harig wrote:

> If a rational number, say 5/9 or 1/2, is entered at the Guile REPL
> prompt outside of the Geiser/Emacs environment, then the REPL
> responds with that number:
>
> $ guile -q
> GNU Guile 1.9.15
> Copyright (C) 1995-2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
> This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.
>
> Enter `,help' for help.
> scheme@(guile-user)> 5/9
> $1 = 5/9
> scheme@(guile-user)> 1/2
> $2 = 1/2
>
> However, if a rational number is entered at the REPL prompt
> (in the * Guile REPL * buffer), then the Guile debugger is invoked
> sixteen levels deep:

I cannot reproduce this problem. I guess you're using the latest Geiser
from git? If this happens consistently to you, one thing to try is to
ask the REPL for a backtrace (,bt) or the error message (,error) before
quitting the debugger. Also, C-u M-x geiser-show-logs before entering
the offending rational, and even before starting the REPL (the initial
jump into the debugger might have been caused by something else: you can
check whether that's the case by just pressing RET in the empty prompt).

Thanks!
jao