gdb

[Gdb] GDB Problem

From: Jaskiran Singh
Subject: [Gdb] GDB Problem
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:15:57 +0530

Hi
I am facing a very peculiar problem with it

I attached gdb to a deamon process
(gdb) attach 33507

It attaches the gdb to the exe successfully.
I put a break point on one of the function
(gdb)    break SetInternalKey

The break point is set successfully.
The function is invoked using a pointer to a function.
But as soon as the function is invoked the gdb seems to have lost track of registers. It shows this on continuing

(gdb) continue

Couldn't find registers, No more processes

Is there any solution to this problem or is there any other method by which we can debug a code which invokes a function using a pointer to function.

Regards,
Jaskiran Jit Singh

Sr. System Engineer