gdb

Re: [Gdb] uClibc: sim/mips/gentmap: cannot execute binary file

From: Paul Gray
Subject: Re: [Gdb] uClibc: sim/mips/gentmap: cannot execute binary file
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 00:04:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, David Wuertele wrote:

>    RANLIB=/path/to/mipsel-uclibc-ranlib\
>    ./configure --target=mipsel-linux --host=i386-pc-linux-gnu

Have you tried adding --build=?

> When I run make, the following appears to successfully build:
> libiberty, libbfd, libopcodes, libmmalloc, libreadline, and sim/igen.
> But when it comes to sim/mips, I see this:
>
>   make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/dave/C/perforce/source/deschutes/buildroot-M14.0-X225/gdb-5.3/sim/mips'
>   rm -f tmp-tvals.h tmp-tmap.c
>   ./gentmap -h >tmp-tvals.h
>   /bin/sh: line 1: ./gentmap: cannot execute binary file

If you type "file gentmap", what binary format is it?

Paul Gray                                         -o)
323 Wright Hall                                   /\\
University of Northern Iowa                      _\_V
  Message void if penguin violated ...  Don't mess with the penguin
  No one ever says "Hey, I can't read that ASCII e-mail ya sent me."