gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] GnomeCommander in Ubuntu Was: Re: Migration away from Gno

From: Stefan Czinczoll
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] GnomeCommander in Ubuntu Was: Re: Migration away from GnomeVFS is done
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 01:00:26 +0100

Hi Uwe & all,

very well done! I can confirm that Gnome Commander now builds and runs fine within recent Ubuntu version. :-)

However building a snap is meant to fail since the new code relies on GLIB version >= 2.66.0. SNAP uses core20, which is basically the long term support version 20.04 shipping with GLIB version 2.64.6.

Nonetheless, we have a great advancement and I'm glad that gcmd is available for Ubuntu again!

Best regards

Stefan