gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Mounting of devices without GnomeVFS

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Mounting of devices without GnomeVFS
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 23:19:19 +0200

Hi all,

in the last months I made reasonable progress in migrating (parts of)
Gnome Commander away from GnomeVFS. This brings the advantage of
adding / removing device icons in the device list when inserting a USB
stick into the computer. I can now mount and unmount such a dynamically
added device with just a mouse click. Yeaaa ^_^

Bonus: The "legacy" mount option (through user-defined devices) is left
untouched.

Please feel free to test the newest version by building and installing
from the master branch. There might be a couple of use cases which can
crash the software at the moment, though. This happens if parts of the
sources try to access deprecated GnomeVFS objects which are not filled
with data anymore.

I would be more than happy if you guys would open bug reports for such
cases if you encounter them.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-commander/-/commits/master

Best
Uwe