gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Suggested IDE?

From: Stefan Czinczoll, Dipl.Soz.Wiss.
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Suggested IDE?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 22:43:36 +0100

Hi Uwe,

I've installed Visual Studio Code in a virtual machine for development running Ubuntu 19.10, which has no more libgnomevfs dependencies. Instead, it uses the newer gvfs system and libs. They will most probably also found in 20.04 LTS of Ubuntu. This is what I'm trying to reach.

Would you please share your work in progress on gvfs with me?

You may reach me per Email with the following PGP fingerprint:

A80C FCE8 1E15 0F92 7502 E189 E782 4A8D 0141 113A

I've uploaded a working version of Gnome Commander to Ubuntu Launchpad:

https://launchpad.net/~schollsky

However, this is only working with Ubuntu 19.04 version (Disco Dingo) and still has libgnomevfs dependencies.

If you're willing to help me coding, I could also use some advice where to start and where to find an overview of new library interfaces for gvfs.

Best regards

Stefan

--
http://schollsky.jimdo.com/          address@hidden