gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Gnome-vfs to Gio/gvfs migration issues

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Gnome-vfs to Gio/gvfs migration issues
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 23:11:52 +0100

Hi list,

migrating Gnome Commander to gio/gvfs is a nightmare. I am struggling
currently with this complex framework. As I have very view time at the
moment, I am asking for help here. If anyone has knowledge about these
frameworks, or knows someone who does, don't hesitate to share your
knowledge.

I wanted to start using gio in the internal file viewer so that I could
get in touch with it. But I have the impression that even migrating the
viewer is very time consuming and I don't really know if it is really
worth the result.

And of curse one has to keep in mind that for the migration not only
gio/gvfs has to be understood and used, also the old gnome-vfs has to
be understood, to perform a successful migration!

So... In a nutshell I have some doubts that this whole project will
make further progress in the future if I will have to do this
allone... :-/

Just my thoughts for today.

Best wishes,
Uwe