gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] webdav

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] webdav
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 20:54:53 +0100

Hi Michael,

Michael <address@hidden> schrieb am [So, 24.01.2016 19:50]:
> Does webdav work for anyone ?

At least for me it works ... sometimes. And sometime gcmd crashes here,
too. :/ I set it up to work with gmx webdav.

Strangely, I could not reproduce the crash right now after several
trials.

> I was trying to setup to my "owncloud" server via https, but gcmd crashes
> (terminates) with this debig log:
>
> [MM] Opening connection
> [MM] Opening remote connection
> [MM] Connecting to davs://address@hidden/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/
> Xlib: sequence lost (0x118cc > 0x18ec) in reply type 0x0!
> [xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
> [xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not
> been called
> [xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
> gnome-commander: ../../src/xcb_io.c:274: poll_for_event: Assertion
> `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
> [xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
> Aborted

Is gnome-commander crashing imidiately after you try to connect, or does
it take some seconds? I'm asking this because I have to wait routhly 20
seconds until gcmd asks for a password of my webdav acount(*). In the
meantime, on the debug output a warning occurs:

[MM] Opening connection
[MM] Opening remote connection
[MM] Connecting to davs://address@hidden/
Gkr-Message: secret service operation failed: Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.
Gkr-Message: secret service operation failed: Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.

But when, I'm asked for the password and the connection is opened:

[MM] State was OPENING, setting flags
[MM] GnomeCmdCon::OPEN_OK detected

> Server access by that URL works with cadaver (commandline) and
> krusader, where you have to put the URL as
> webdav://idnumber.myserver.net/owncloud/remote.php/webdav and then
> will be asked for username and password.
>
> The error seems to be around the xcb lib
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCB, and there exist an awful lot of xcb
> submodules, but none with the term "webdav" in it. There is
> python-easywebdav (used by "deken"), and some server modules, that's
> it.

IIRC, you are using a simple desktop sollution, right? No Gnome, KDE or
xfce... Maybe, that's why we get different error/warning messages
because this might to be a graphics-related issue.

(*) Which is really strange. It might be related to the old gnome-vfs
libraries, used by gcmd. Every other file-manager I tried connects much
faster to webdav...

Regards,
Uwe