gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] device buttons

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] device buttons
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 23:27:41 +0200

It would be nice to have the 'Home' button acting as a bookmark (i think that's
the expected behavior anyway).

Generally the device buttons do work only when you 'come from another device'.
That first time, the device gets 'entered' (even if it is already mounted), but
afterwards, the button (or device list entry) doesn't take effect anymore.

It's hard to imagine what gcmd (or gnome) is doing here. I can not read C code
so i can only estimate.

I first imagined something like (expressed in shell code)

mount $device && cd $device

but this would not explain why it still works when 'entering' an already
mounted device a second time. That is, from another device.

Thus,

[ $device is_mounted ] && do_nothing

cd $device

would be shooting too short too.

It seems more looks like

[ $device is_root ] && do_nothing

cd $device

which however would make non sense whatsoever. I can't believe someone coding
this.

Anyway, what would be more useful is

[ $device is_not_mounted ] && mount $device

cd $device

which would enable the device button 'bookmark' behavior.

As an often mentioned sidenote, i misuse the device buttons since long,
configuring them as

Alias: "VIDEO"
Device:" -L VIDEO > /dev/null && cd"
mountpoint: "/mnt/Video"

which works fine. But the above described behavior is still the same, it works
only as an 'entrepreneur' :)