gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Hello

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Hello
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:32:55 +0200

> For improving the existing feature, which branch I will be checking out the
> code from ?
>
> I came across the following info. on website : -
>
> The master branch:
> git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnome-commander
>
> The current stable branch:
> git clone -b gcmd-1-2-8 git://git.gnome.org/gnome-commander

Definitely master branch - this is where all development takes place

> Kindly suggest.
> Also, a brief description of the detailed steps to follow for sending a
> patch for review would be helpful. (I use Fedora 15).

There are plenty of possibilities here. Personally I rather prefer usage
of the plain 'git cola'. It provides very precise control over the code

Simply:

     1. do all the development in your git repository of gcmd,
     2. using 'git cola' stage (select for commit) the changes you've
        done...
     3. ... and finally make patch with the help of 'gitk' tool (or
        gitg, giggle, qgit, ...)
     4. send the patch to gcmd-devel list

Hope it'll help,

Piotr