gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] file properties -> video codec information ?

From: Бранко Мај ић
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] file properties -> video codec information ?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:12:33 +0200

How about using something like this as a base? (and keeping Mono at bay :)

http://libav.org/avprobe.html

I don't know if it can read ID3 tags and such, though.

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:23:25 +0200, Michael <address@hidden> wrote:
I have to lookup video codec information more often (when searching
for some clips to mix together) and it would be nice if gcmd could
show that in file properties. Like the codec information vlc displays.

The problem is, that many different formats exist. It's probably not
just id3 or so. So maybe it would it integrate with gcmd. Furthermore,
i don't know at all which library / libraries would provide that. VLC
may uses libavcodec for that. There seems to be a CLI taglib2 based on
Mono too which is said to read video tags.
Any idea ?