gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] memory and process management

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] memory and process management
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 04:33:44 +0200

This is rather FYI since i can't do tracking right now.

Somehow, gcmd went zombie right after launching the F9 dialog, when i hit
'enter' after typing the search string (a plain text word). I do this rather
automatically because it works in almost any search i know, so don't blame me :)

The gcmd process used up to 16% of CPU, which is quite something on this 2 x 2
GHz / 4G RAM AMD64 machine. Usually it's below 1%. This gcmd instance persisted
even shutting down the X session and had to be killed by -9.

I think that maybe valgrind could be helpful, but as i said this is not my
option right now ...