gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] vte [followup]

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] vte [followup]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:22:23 +0200

(sry already lost the thread while cleaning up)

New facts: Gcmd shows the vte after commandlines like 'touch test' or 'read a'.
I also can switch to it via Ctrl+O but it has no input focus, and i can switch
back only after clicking into the widget.

Uh what's that ??

I tried a 'ls' and it gives:

/home/micha/bla/foo$ ls
alice.txt
/bin/bash: /home/andras/gcmd-devel/gcmd-1-3/src/gcmd-helper: No such file or
directory

Andras....! (Is that your son, Piotr ??)

Folks folks... u wanna introduce some h!993n l005r h3r3 w u h4x0r c0d3 ?
- Forget it. This is an highly experimental box. It will drive your trojan mad.
^^

Anyway, the X log shows nice things like

[AA] Key event:   (0xffe3)
[GG] running: ls; /home/andras/gcmd-devel/gcmd-1-3/src/gcmd-helper
/tmp/gcmd-4304-XXyKMrKV; sleep 1
in dir: /home/micha/bla/foo
[GG]  pid: 4294
[GG] done

Did i mention that vte also does not work in krusader, where it was introduced
long ago and worked for most users (according to the bug reports) from the
beginning ? It just isn't possible to check the menu checkbox, it just get not
checked (so i guess it's missing some positive feedback on installed libs or
so).
Or they deactivated the code because it didn't work anymore hehe...

I'd look at (besides well uhm sloppy guest code) my installed libs, maybe
there's some X86_64 issue, and anyway it possibly could even relate to some
buggy nvidia code, which is always a good excusation.

***Does vte work for anybody else on x64 architecture or with a nvidia GeForce
GPU ?***

g, mi