gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] [FIX] advrename crash when using regexes

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: [gcmd-dev] [FIX] advrename crash when using regexes
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:38:16 +0100

Hi folks,

I've finally managed to catch the bug that caused advrename crashes :o))
That's a big step toward 1.2.5 :o))))

What's left? Let's see
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=gnome-commander&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&target_milestone=1.2.5:

        345314  when you rename a file cursor will not stay on file
        352130  cut and paste with GNOME doesn't work
        377684  crash in GNOME Commander: cd smb://192.168.115.100...
        448941  Numeric keypad arrows don't work in the main window
        448942  Error starting a command in a separate terminal
        449137  Renamed directories are not accessed by name
        456163  Enter on numeric keypad
        456683  Can't stop directory size calculating
        459734  umask 002 not being applied for new directories

The critical ones are 345314 and 449137, as they potentially can cause
data loss.

The problem 448942 (as reported by Antono
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gcmd-devel/2007-10/msg00002.html) is
caused by bizarre behaviour of gnome-terminal. If there is no solution
for that, we could always make the gcmd terminal to use xterm (which
works).

The other ones are not crucial here and could wait for better times ;o)

Personally I'd like also to fix the problem with cursor going astray
when starting gcmd that annoys me a lot ;o)

Piotr