gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] regex crash

From: koos
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] regex crash
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:08:23 +0100

Hi Piotr,

I am still running Ubuntu 6.06. A rather old version. It has version
2.10.3 of glib and 2.8.20 of gtk+.
I still have got the impression that there is nothing wrong with the
regex, as you can see from the sceenshots that I've included. The
preview of the renamed files is actually visible as you can see.

I also attached 3 backtraces. One is from the crash I have fixed a
few days earlier (move file with %-sign) and the other two are from the
regex crash (the long one is with debugging symbols installed for glib
and gtk+). I included the first one for comparison and to explain why
I think glib is to blame for the crash.
At line 104 (#5) the 'file-move' crash happened and at #7 I was able to
fix the code. For the regex crash at line 85 (#5) the crash occurs.

You are probably already familiar with this, but I had to tell you how
I came to my conclusion...

regards,
koos