gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Size in fileproperties

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Size in fileproperties
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:05:01 +0100

> > Additionally I've included info about Audio.Bitrate & Doc.Keywords in
> > the property tab.
>
> Bitrate is a good choice !
> Uhm, i just forgot sry, but ...are we already having tags in columns or some
> other feature whgere i could sort (or maybe filter) after bitrate ?

Metadata tab in the file property dlg.

> btw 'y' reminds me on a small alyout issue...it would IMHO look a little bit
> nicer if width and height are in one line (there should be space enough for
> that) so the dialog window could be slightly smaller.

Done, in svn repo.

> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata,
> > TAG_FILE_PUBLISHER);
> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata, TAG_IMAGE_WIDTH);
> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata,
> > TAG_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata,
> > TAG_AUDIO_ALBUMARTIST);
>
> In advrename i can choose  $T(Audio.Artist) and $T(Audio.AlbumArtist) but so
> far i didn't find any entry like the first, in any mp3. (But i didn't look
> very hard either.)
> Do you know it is used ?

run

        gnome-commander -d=t

in the console or simply

        id3info file.mp3

What tags have you got?

> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata, TAG_AUDIO_TITLE);
> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata,
> > TAG_AUDIO_BITRATE);
> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata,
> > TAG_AUDIO_DURATIONMMSS);
> >         add_tag (dialog, table, y, *data->finfo->metadata,
> > TAG_FILE_KEYWORDS);
>

> I googled for Doc.Keywords and first hit got
> http://www.nongnu.org/gcmd/tags.html
> which is a site about some crazy filemanager (with an exciting cool layout!)
> but i still don't see where the tag is used. I roamed my harddisk for some
> minutes but wasn't able to find a single file (audio, image,pdf,odt,doc)
> using it. ...but wait, i suddenly remember i usually see in the build log
> there's no chm, OLE2 and ODF support. I guess then that's the reason i don't
> see the tag. (What libs do i need for that?)

The specs are here:
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/shared-filemetadata-spec

Currently Doc.Keywords are accessible with libgsf library only(for OLE2
and ODF). But if you want ANY keyword tag just use File.Keywords which
contains copy of all file metatags (IPTC, Exif, ID3, Vorbis, OLE2, ODF)

BTW - I've removed Doc.Keywords form the file property dlg - it's simply
not that interesting...

Piotr