gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] modal dialogs

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] modal dialogs
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 00:57:18 +0200

Koos,

great you've got time to screw up the code (and Piotrs peace of mind ;)

> I was wondering whether the dialogs in gnome-commander should be made modal.

ACK

The F5 copy dialog is modeless, and i could imagine it's cool to launch the
copy dialog, then quick lookup something in a different place, then clikc ok.
But honestly, who will ever use it that way ?
F5 and F6 rather should be modal IMHO. If you are used to think of it as 'copy
from one pane to the other' then it can be confusing to be able to cd in one
pane before you click ok.

> try to create a dir where it is not allowed through F7

If you mean that checking the error widget doesn't focus back on the F7 dialog,
but on the gcmd main window instead -- I think that's a bug, of either gcmd or
my windowmanager.

I think we should discuss your proposal based on specific dialogs or situations.
I propose F5, F6, F7 and F8. Anything more ?