gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] WebDAV support and others?

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] WebDAV support and others?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:30:14 +0200

Petr Tomasek wrote:
Hi!

I've seen in the TODO file, that WebDAV (and SMB) support
is planned for gnome-commander.

a) Is there a way I can help?

Of course, in anyway you can.
Contributing code would be the best and most
appreciated way though..

 b) How is it supposed to work? Should there be separate dialog
(and menu entry) for each protokol? Would'n a generic dialog
(like what nautilus has) better solution?

We have had some very loose discussions about this
earlier, it did not end up in anything more than
just beeing added in TODO, nothing else. Piotr was
basicly the only one committing code to this project
at that time, and he could not do it all by himself.
So if you have ideas, you are very welcome to ventilate
those in this mailinglist, and even better if you later
can implement it in code too.

An idea about the UI for it would be to just extend
the current "Connections" dialogs to support other
protocols than just FTP. Maybe a dropdown list of
supported protocols in the
Connections->(FTP)Connect->New(FTP)Connection

c) What about other gnome-vfs schemas (SFTP, obex[1]...)?

That would be welcome, i guess gcmd could support
anything that gnome-vfs supports. Contributions are
very welcome.

//Magnus S.
(only the webmaster and admin of mailinglist)