gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:34:16 +0100

> > I will try
> > others tomorrow, but i am affraid that i will
> > only stumble on versions that wont compile, and
> > when i find one that compiles, then the problem
> > is back.
> >

> Done some revision-testing now:
>
> 723 Works OK
>
> 738 Do not crash, but have earlier mentioned problems
>      with the menu and mimetypes.
>
> 741 Do not compile
>
> 744 Seemes to work OK
>
> 746 Seemes to work OK
>
> 758 Do not compile (iptcdata)
>
> 763 Do not compile (iptcdata)
>
> 765 Do not compile (iptcdata)
>
> 775 Do not compile (iptcdata)
>
> 794 Crash on any mouseclick on any file. Uninstalled it
>      and tried to run from source, still crashing.
>
> 802 Crash on rightclick when installed, though it works
>      uninstalled.
>
> 804 The same
>
> 806 The same
>
> 809 The same, works nice when not installed and run from
>      the source tree.
>
> So, rev.746 of gcmd 1.3.4 is the last one that seemes to
> work OK on my machine.

The bad news is that 1.3.4 runs without any problems on my box ;o) (It
should do, for there is no vital differences between HEAD and DEVEL
branch at the moment)

Could you please test revs #758, #763, #765 and #775 as well?  You can
disable support for iptcdata with:

        ./configure  --without-libiptcdata

TIA,
Piotr