gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++

From: Bruno Dusausoy
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Migration to C++
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 07:43:09 +0100

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 01:23:45 +0100
Magnus Stålnacke <address@hidden> wrote:

> Piotr Eljasiak wrote:

[...]

> Hmmm, lets see now...
>
> The Gnome Commander project has now migrated all code from
> C to C++. We hope this change will boost the development
> of the project and give both faster and more robust code.
> This is a major change from a programming perspective, though
> it does not mean any specific change from the user perspective,
> other than hopefully a little more frequent new releases.

You said you've migrated from C to C++ but apart .c renamed to .cc, I
don't see any C++ code here : same structs as before, same functions
taking pointer to structs as arguments, no gtkmm headers, etc ...

I'm sure you really want to migrate to C++, but the transition is not
finished yet, it just have begun.

It's also nice to see a project migrating from C to C++ - for all the
good reasons - but it's a hard and long task. I hope I could help
migrating this project.

Ok, enough talked. Let's code. Rock on ! ;)

[...]