gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: [gcmd-usr] Feature Request - Bookmarks and CTRL button

From: Micha
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Re: [gcmd-usr] Feature Request - Bookmarks and CTRL button
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:26:03 +0100

>         1. Gnome HIG
>         2. mc

well at least mc has neither ctrl or shift + TAB
nor a ctrl+shift+arrow shortcut at all.

For comparison, attached the krusader keybindings.
Looks like they follow TC too, but not always.
Ctrl+. switches 'show hidden files' here.
Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Tab are free.
F9 is renaming file.

So it's mainly TC telling all others what to do ?

Should i write them my suggestions, too ?
And probably they would say, 'so many users
are used to it since long, we can't change it.'
But hey, isn't that simply stagnation ?
Like when Microsoft had to be compliant with old formats
and system features, which blocked a basic innovation
for so long. But then ... they're the biggest company of the
world now, and users have Vista ;) finally.
So the strategy seems to work....?
But when WindowsNT4 was released, with nearly anything
made better, fro the scratch, it was just a recompiled UNIX
(or maybe even a Linux ?) with MS Desktop. Later, with Win2000,
they still were inspired by  the Unix world (i think they just hired a
lot of Unix people) as you can see in the first commandline editions
(e.g., many unix-familiar commands accept - options !
They changed that later.) for Server2000.

So, it were others who went to look. ... Who's that in our case ?