gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Confirmation Dialogs

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Confirmation Dialogs
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:41:26 +0100

Hey Michael,

i'm not a developer but i can provide some hints.

Michael Meier <address@hidden>:
> But usually (90%) when that happens I want to overwrite this file. So I think
> it
> would be more convenient, if by default the replace button would have the
> focus.

There are many who expect that they can't screw up or delete anything
when choosing the default action (=just hitting enter).

A safe alternative is demonstrated by KDE, they always ask for the specific
action
and then perform it without further questions. This is touchpad-safe ;) but
requires
you to always click a choice.

> - In the overwriting confirmation dialog nothing happens when I click the x in
> the right upper corner.

Yes you're right. Strictly seen, this action is rather 'undefined' and
personally
i see it as advantage to have it disabled.

> The same for the escape-key which doesn't work in the
> overwriting-confirmation-dialog.

ok that's a hit :) i think ESC is common custom for abort/cancel.