gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] symbolic links

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] symbolic links
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:37:49 +0200

> ....it would be nice if  Ctrl+Shift+F5
> command could be applied to multiple files (selection) ! Maybe asking
> for a string with placeholders (like %f) for the new names. Or even just
> taking the original filename, would be good enough.
> It works in nautilus, with Ctrl+Shift+drag&drop but seems to be disabled
> in gnome-commander...

Thanks Micha for pointing this. I'll fix it. The idea extending
drag&dropping with Ctrl+Shift is also very good.

> It could be also, as workaround, ok to have Ctrl+Enter (inserting filename
> into cmd line) working for multiple selection.
> Btw. this seems shortcut to be broken, or maybe my keyboard isn't working
> anymore (i'm fiddling with xorg again), can anyone confirm this ?

The workaround is, currently, to copy all selected filenames to
clipboard (using toolbar) and then insert them into gcmd cmdline. gcmd
merges selected multiple filenames with ' '.

> And second issue, i'm happy i can backup symlinks on CD/DVD too,
> but sometimes the root path is not the same. For me, and this special
> purpose, it would probably be better to to link relative instead of absolute.
> The question for a filemanager is, should there be an option for either one ?
> Else i could imagine to hack a converting plugin (should look into the
> available find --exec commands for a simple shell script).

I agree. How a relative path should be constructed?

Piotr