gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Metatags

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Metatags
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:32:04 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:
I'd like to add this feature to upcoming 1.2.1, so please do as much
testing as possible. Additionally I'd like to ask for sending me some
files with IPTC tags - unfortunately I don't have many for testing...

Just wonderful Piotr, even if it still is only for
advrename (i wont use it for renaming files), but
it surely is very promising for future releases.

I send you a small jpeg with some IPTC-data.
This one has some swedish carachters (åäö) in the IPTC.
There can be some issues since libiptc uses UTF-8
internally and the command iptc (included in the libiptcdata
package) for writing IPTC-data works just fine to both read
and write on iso configured systems (like mine). So my file
can be a good testcase in that respect.

I believe that gcmd is one of a very few OMF supporting metatags at the
moment :o))

GCMD Moving up to the bleeding edge frontier,
pushing the boundaries in filemanagement.

:-)

I will get back in this thread when i have done some testing.