gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Fullticking FLUID for gcmd 1.9 ?

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Fullticking FLUID for gcmd 1.9 ?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:04:19 +0200

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 09:24 +0200, Micha wrote:

> Ah, here it is. (I talked about it but lost the link)
>
> <http://fltk.org>
>
> It seems it`s also used by the Glasgow university's cinepaint ('film-gimp')
> branch now. Because it's lightweight, it will be running even in shuttles
> and sateelites where they can't afford heavy payloads ;)

This is quite nice idea but (there is always a but somewhere):

        FLTK is a cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for UNIX®/Linux® (X11),
        Microsoft® Windows®, and MacOS® X. FLTK provides modern GUI
        functionality without the bloat and supports 3D graphics via
        OpenGL® and its built-in GLUT emulation.

We have to port gcmd to C++ first... I don't have free resources at the
moment for that (although I'd love to have C++ version of gcmd) - maybe
version 1.9...

And I have to admit that statical linkage of all GUI libs is an
excellent idea :o)

Added to TODOs as a long term item.

Piotr