gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: autogen: missing M4 macros

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Re: autogen: missing M4 macros
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 04:35:53 +0200

| (B/usr/share/aclocal/tcl.m4:20: warning: underquoted definition of
| SC_PATH_TCLCONFIG

| This is cause by errors in usr/share/aclocal/tcl.m4 ...

What do you mean -- the macro doesn't work properly ?

This is a symlink to /usr/lib/tcl8.4/tlc.m4 here
(and, ha! there is the symlink info in the rightclick 'properties' !
i seem to remember it wasn't there before...:))
-- there's also a 8.0 and 8.3 folder --
part of the package tcl8.4-dev. There was no other package than blt
requesting that, so i could remove these two (without any further conflict).
Should i just do it ?

The macro header says it's about "Locate the tclConfig.sh file and perform a
sanity
check on the Tcl compile flags" and the whole thing looks like a shellscript
with some weird function calling, but i can't really understand it.
And by the way, how about syntax highlighting in the internal viewer ;)
at least for basic scripting languages....

| Do you have any problems with building gcmd from cvs sources ? I can't
| grok it from your log...

Sorry - compiling wasn't wasn't finished when i sent the mail.
Yes, it worked, up and running, 'about' says it's 1.20-pre

| And another question - if you are able to make & install it - do you
| have help working (F1)?

Not really, but IIRR gnome help was broken on my box for many months (or more)
but i never investigated it. It doesn't work in Nautilus (this is 2.14.1 now)
either.
gcmd message is,
"Die GNOME_FILE_DOMAIN_APP_HELP-Domäne konnte nicht gefunden werden"
(domain couldn't be found)

Yelp 2.14.1 seems to be working when i call it manually. Sort of, at least -
many chapters
are missing.

   °
 /\/