gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] some feature ideas

From: AKL. Mantas Kriauciunas
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] some feature ideas
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:25:10 +0300

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 03:30:24PM -0700, Ryan Paul wrote:
[..]
> I am an experienced C programmer, and I am willing to help, but my
> experience with gnome programming is superficial. If any of my ideas
> some unclear in any way, I can clarify whatever you want me to.
> Additionally, if you feel that some fake screen shots would elucidate my
> requests, I can produce a few.

If you are experienced C programer it should be not hard to you to improve
gnome-commander, it's not so big program ;)

It seems, that gnome-commander developing is suspended about 13 months
(look at dates of CVS files -
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcmd/gnome-commander/src/ ),
so it would be very nice if you help gnome-commander to survive.

> Is there documentation somewhere that explains how to write plugins?

AFAIK there are no documentation for developers, except TODO file
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gcmd/gnome-commander/TODO
 ), but I think you could look at existing plugins source:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gcmd/gnome-commander/plugins/test/Attic/?sortby=date&only_with_tag=DEV11

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/gcmd/gnome-commander/plugins/fileroller/?hideattic=0&sortby=date&only_with_tag=DEV11

--
Good luck,