gcl-devel

Re: gcl-2.6.13 released [stable]

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: gcl-2.6.13 released [stable]
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 14:20:01 -0500

Greetings!  Yes, we will alas need a cleanup 2.6.14 release in the
immediate future.  In general I like the lifetime of releases to be
long, but in this case we released assuming the current gcc had a bug
that needed fixing, and only found out after release that the behavior
was deliberate.  We cannot leave a gcl stable out there long term which
is incompatible with the latest gcc.  I am just waiting on
ftp-upload@gnu.org to sort out the signature issues before proceeding.
In the meantime, please report any 2.6.14pre show stoppers asap.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire                                        camm@maguirefamily.org