gcl-devel

Re: GCL Version_2_6_13pre125

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: GCL Version_2_6_13pre125
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 09:06:00 -0500

Greetings, and thanks for the feedback!  Indeed, we just forward the C
code result here.  The '-' sign has recently appeared in newer gcc.
Unlike the case with negative zero, which does denote a lisp number,
+-inf/nan have no lisp counterpart, so it seems best just to follow ieee
here.  Compliant lisp code should not depend on the printed
representation, as far as I understand.  This is why we only print these
when the special variable si::*print-nans* is set to non-nil.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire                                        camm@maguirefamily.org