gcl-devel

Re: Recommended version

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: Recommended version
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 09:01:46 -0500

Greetings!  And thank you for your work on fricas!

I do intend shortly to remedy the staleness of the official release
tarballs.  I would be interested in bug reports against 2.6.12 if you
have time.

The production version of GCL is essentially Version_2_6_13pre in git.
Master is more experimental and not yet recommended for prime time.

git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gcl
cd gcl
git checkout Version_2_6_13pre

If you have reports of source builds differing from released binaries I
would be most interested.  My testing framework is essentially the
Debian release structure, where tags on Version_2_6_13pre are
periodically released into unstable as patches against 2.6.12.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire                                        camm@maguirefamily.org