gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] (type-of (gensym)) is not symbol anymore? (didn't it use

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] (type-of (gensym)) is not symbol anymore? (didn't it use to be?)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 13:44:33 -0500

Greetings, and thanks for checking out the master branch!

(subtypep 'si::gsym 'symbol) -> T T

(deftype true nil `(member t))
(deftype null () `(member nil))
(deftype boolean () `(or true null))

(deftype symbol () `(or boolean keyword gsym))

This is to support more fine-grained compiler optimizations.  All
ansi-tests for type-of et.al. pass, so I think it is compliant with the
spec.   Does it cause intractable problems for you?

Take care,